Historical Scene Investigation
Jamestown: The Starving Time
1. Watch Secrets of the Dead: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6KYGqGwkk4&feature=related
2. In your notebook, write down the different reasons given for the demise of the colony and what evidence the scientists used to reach their conclusions. In other words, what did they find (evidence) and how did they interpret it?
4. Use documents A, H, I and J (from the above site) and evaluate them for their Origins, Purpose, Values and Limitations. OPVL Tools
5. Using the 5 documents we evaluated in class as evidence as well as information from The Secrets of the Dead video above, write a one page argument that answers the question:
“What caused the failure of Jamestown especially the ‘Starving Time’ of 1609-1610?
1. Historical Thinking and Social Studies Analysis
2. Career Related Learning Standards
Need help with your assessment?